Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Time

Wow.  I can't believe it has been over a month since I last wrote.  I'm happy to say that my disappearance has been for good reasons.  Right after my Spring break from work I was asked to fill in as a long term substitute teacher and I happily jumped at the opportunity to teach.  There were no plans for me to work with so I've been figuring it out as I go and I've love every second of it.

Now that school is winding down and my summer job begins I am hoping to be back on here a lot more.  I'm even hoping to throw a few teaching-related posts in here to mix things up.

Since I made a list last summer (and only accomplished half of the items on that list) of things I wanted to do over my time off, I figured I'd make a new list of things I'd like to accomplish in the next three months.

So here we go:

  • Go to a concert with the girls & one with J (already planned for these, LMFAO at the end of June and fun. in August....although I may buy Jason Mraz tickets if I have money around that time)
  • Go strawberry picking with mom then maybe learn how to make my own jam and jar some
  • Organize my recipe binders and lesson plans binders
  • Visit D in Boston
  • Make plans to visit my brother in Colorado in the Fall to see a CU game
  • Go fishing with J
  • Go camping/hiking
  • Go kayaking at a different location than our trip last summer
  • Finish knitting my remaining projects
  • Get picture frames for our Italy pictures
  • Reading some educational books
  • Read at least 5 fun books this summer
  • Go to the zoo
  • Get back in running shape
I'm sure I will think of more things to add to this list, but hopefully I will accomplish the things above this summer and use my summer vacation to its fullest extent!

No comments:

Post a Comment