Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow: Just in Time for Halloween?

If you live anywhere near the Tri-state area then you heard the forecasters talking snow this entire last week.  I'd be lying if I said that I didn't automatically think, eh there is no way there will be any kind of snow this weekend.

Well, yesterday proved me to be wrong!  While my area of NJ got minimal snow, Northern Jersey got hit with about 4 inches during the day and so did parts of PA.  It's quite interesting to wake up the morning before Halloween to a thin (extremely thin here) layer of snow and frost on the ground.  Now I don't mind the snow, in fact, Fall and Winter are my two favorite seasons, but I'd really prefer to not skip over Fall and go straight into Winter.

Another reason the weather stunk yesterday was because we had a home football game to attend and I decided that since I'd been fighting off a cold all week (I've been sick since Tuesday), sitting for 3+ hours in the rain/sleet/snow and cold was probably not a smart idea.  My mom also stayed home with me, but my dad and J made their way up to the game and sat through the entire thing.  Unfortunately our team did not win and it was a really infuriating game to watch (but I won't bore you with my thoughts on football).  However, I think mom and I made the best decision to stay home as we watched the game in our sweats under a nice warm blanket.  Although I can't tell you how irritated we were that we had to watch the game on my computer on ESPN3 because ABC went regional with its coverage of college games and even though we live in NJ we could only get the Penn State game, not RU.

If you want to see pictures of what the stadium looked like during yesterday's game, check out SB Nation: New York for a couple of pictures of the snow filled stadium.

Yesterday's weather made me not want to do any of the chores I needed to get done so I decided to work on the blanket I've been knitting for a while and it is almost done!  One more block to go before I can start sewing it all together (it is a blanket made out of knitted blocks).  Can't wait to share it with all of you, hopefully by the end of the week or early the following week.  I don't want to rush it and with my birthday festivities this upcoming weekend, who knows what I'll get to.

Now it is time to go finish all of those chores....Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment