Friday, December 23, 2011

DIY: Christmas Bows

At work the other day I participated in a gift swap.  I had a hard time getting a gift for it because I couldn't decide whether to go girly, boyish, or neutral.  Finally, while out shopping with my mom, I decided to just go with a scarf and mittens.  Lame, I know, but my brain was stuck when it came to creative ideas.

When I got home and went to package it up, I realized I didn't have any tissue paper to put in the bag I had.  I rummaged through my things and found a box I could use.  I wrapped it with my cute Christmas paper from Ikea then realized I didn't have any bows let to put on the box.

I wanted some sort of decoration on the package, so I googled 'making paper bows' and found such an awesome youtube video and viola!  In five minutes I had a Christmas bow.

**Unfortunately, a mishap with my camera made me lose all of my pictures of the process of making the bows!!  Luckily, the video below has plenty of pictures!***

What you'll need:
  • Scrapbooking or colorful thick paper
  • Double sided tape
  • Glue (I used tape for everything but the video calls for glue), A stapler can be used too but might smash your bow.
Follow this link to get to the tutorial on how to make your bow.  There are also plenty of other videos if you don't like this one.


Definitely a great and easy way to make bows for gifts, especially when you don't have any or don't have any that match your wrapping paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment