Friday, January 27, 2012

Never Ending Week (Overnight Oats)


Do you ever have a week where you feel like the entire week you’re playing catch up?   That’s how it has been for me this entire week.  Catching up on sleep, a sizable to do list and other things that need to be accomplished. 

I order to get everything done this week I’ve been trying to make things easier on myself by planning ahead of time for most of my meals.  When we got home from California on Sunday I made my snacks for work, an entire week’s worth so I can just grab and go in the morning.

I’ve also been making sure to have a good, filling meal for breakfast each morning.  Since my Sunflower butter container was almost empty I tried a new breakfast I read about on Kath Eats, overnight oats.  I put ½ a container of plain Chobani Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1/3 cup rolled oats (uncooked), and 1/3 cup almond milk into my sunflower butter (it is just like peanut butter) container and stirred it up before putting it in the fridge overnight.  The next morning breakfast was ready for me and I dug right on in.




Verdict:  I probably should’ve put more milk in because the consistency of mine was a little too thick for my taste.  I would also use a flavored Chobani, the only reason I did not is because the only ones I have left are lemon and pineapple and both sound disgusting with sunflower butter.  Next time I’ll probably use strawberry banana or honey.  I didn’t mind the addition of the chia seeds, they don’t really taste like much, but they contain a lot of good things for your body such as omega-3s.  I calculated the amount of calories for the version I made which was roughly 320, which is pretty close to a perfect morning serving for me.  Also, this breakfast meal is FILLING, a key for me because I eat a roughly 6:25am and don’t eat anything again until 10:30am (when I get my break at work).  I was actually full enough that I considered waiting to eat my mid-morning snack until later in the day.

I would definitely make this again, but I also found many other recipes for overnight oats that I would like to try:


Hope your week has been better than mine! I’m looking forward for a girl’s night tonight and giving the girls their gifts from Italy!

P.s. Can you tell I've been using my camera recently? The quality of the pictures isn't that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment