Here is a small list of what has been going on recently:
- Went to my cousin's wedding with my Gma. What a fantastic celebration!
- Wrapping up the marking period at school. (I get a whole new group in one of my classes come Monday!)
- Celebrated my 25th birthday last Friday
- Watching some pretty awful and great college football games, including an incredible Rutgers win Saturday
- Worked on some fun projects, J says I'm becoming an old lady, but I disagree
- J and I are moving into our new place next Friday!
Since I don't have my projects to share with you, here is a recipe review for you. I made cupcakes for G's birthday a little while back. I came across this recipe at The Way the Cooke Crumbles. I followed the recipe exactly so please check out the link above for the recipe.
I made the cupcakes the night before and the icing the day of so I can't tell you how well the icing help up over night. What I can tell you was that I was disappointed in the cupcakes themselves, they were more bitter and dry than I was expecting. On the other hand, the icing was DELICIOUS! Airy and not too sweet, the perfect frosting for me (because I'm not a huge fan of super sweet, thick icing). The icing belongs with a cupcake that is sweeter than this cupcake, but not ridiculously sweet. The cupcake was good in theory but had a bitter after taste that was not pleasant.
The girls enjoyed the cupcakes and were impressed that I made all of it from scratch instead of a box. I wish I understood baking a little bit better so I could giure out how to make these cupcakes the way I'd like them to be. Overall, I highly recommend this frosting recipe, but the cupcake recipe you can skip if you have a better recipe for a caramel/dulche de leche cupcake.
I have a four day weekend from work his week because of the Teacher's Convention in AC so hopefully I will finish my projects and post them for you!