Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF

Today is a beautiful, sunny day off from work, but instead of relaxing outdoors I'm using the day to do the normal cleaning of the apartment and piles of laundry that have taken over J's closet.  J has decided to take his chances with his friend Paul and try to buy tickets off of someone at the Barclays today.  J loves golf and Tiger Woods so he's willing to get up at 6am to go watch.  I went with him last year to the practice round of the US Open and it was an interesting experience, but honestly not my cup of tea so I decided to sit this one out.

Since Fall is quickly approaching (Yes!) I'm starting to see fall recipes pop up on some of my favorite blogs...butternut squash soup and sweet potato gnocchi anyone?  I'm going to be making a little folder of recipes I want to try so that when Jeremy and I are indecisive about what we want to buy for dinners each week I can pull out something new for us to try.

Also, I'm on a mission to find items for the room bulletin board for the second grade classroom I'm working with.  My cooperating teacher wants a surf-themed board so I'm looking for surfboard, palm tree, and seashell templates, as well as anything else I can get my hands on.

Other things on my to do list for today:
-Read parts of The Morning Meeting Book, this is my first responsibility in the 2nd grade classroom.
-Work on finishing the baby blanket I'm making for E and C's baby (Due in January!) by weaving the ends into the blanket.  I'll post finished pictures of it another day.
-Figure out something I can do to decorate our bedroom wall that does not involve painting it or putting any sorts of holes in it.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment