Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hello!

With less than two weeks until my first day of student teaching I've decided to enter the blogging world.  I can't promise that it will be updated very often, but I do promise to share what I experience as a student teacher in both the 2nd and 6th grade.

After two years of working in a clothing retail store I'm ecstatic to be leaving and begin working towards my actual career.  I'm interested to see what I'll be able to accomplish now that I'm essentially working a 9-5 job.  I know that people get very tired of working the same 9-5 job every day but I'm a sucker for routine and thus I think it will be enjoyable.  Also, I will not miss working a shift that is supposed to get me out at 9:30pm and I don't even get home to eat dinner until 10:45pm (talk about unhealthy).  However, I will miss getting a paycheck as student teaching internships (at least in NJ) do not pay and I will have to live off of what I saved during the summer for the next 3 months (that includes food, gifts for the holidays, an anniversary, etc..).  

I'm also extremely excited to begin teaching!  I keep getting nervous about the whole experience but I know that it is going to be awesome.  My cooperating teacher is fantastic already (we haven't even worked together yet!) and is handing off a bunch of crafty projects to me in order to get the classroom set up.  Talk about the perfect task for me!  I have so many ideas running through my head already!

So essentially this blog will be my experiences of teaching, cooking, crafting and whatever I can get my hands into with my weekends off (when I'm not writing lesson plans and doing work for my Graduate classes of course).

Well J is slowly falling asleep in front of his computer so I guess that is my cue to call it a night.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment